Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Cassandra Carr

Why Writing at a Coffee Shop Can Be Hazardous to Your Health and Others
By Cassandra Carr


I sometimes am able to leave the house to write. Most times I either go to Panera Bread or a local grocery store that has a cafĂ© area. I prefer to have my back against a wall when I write. Why? Not because I don’t want to have my back to the door (it’s not like someone’s going to whack me Sopranos-style or something), but because if my back is against the wall my screen won’t be in easy reading distance.

Why is this important? Because I write REALLY hot erotic romances, and I’d hate to have someone either 1-trip because they were trying to read the salacious words on my screen or 2- have a heart attack, either from the words or from looking at the quite innocent-looking woman writing them. It’s a public service, really.

Of course, now that I’m writing about Panera Bread I’m craving one of their delicious baked goods, which are only ninety-nine cents when you purchase lunch or dinner. Yes, I go to Panera far too often. Why do you ask?

Have you ever read something on someone else’s laptop screen in a public place? ‘fess up!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on Twitter. Her debut novel, Talk to Me, was released by Loose Id on March 22, 2011. Head Games, Buffalo Intimidators book 1, will release on November 2, 2011 from Siren Bookstrand, and Caught will release December 13, 2011 from Loose Id. For more information about Cassandra, check out her website at http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com, "like" her Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr or follow her on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr

1 comment:

Cara Bristol said...

I ran into this a while ago when I took my mom to the hospital for some tests. Tried to write, but it was hard to find a place where the light was good, but I had the wall to my back.