Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Ericka Scott

Dark Shadows


As a mom, I’m always alert to making sure my younger children don’t watch frightening or inappropriate television shows. I watch suspect movies before they do, and make sure that we record horrifying or disturbing movies or dramas to watch long after my littles are in bed.

Lucky for me, my mother wasn’t so diligent. Perhaps that’s why my love of mystery and suspense developed so early in my life. I still remember plots from her favorite “soaps”, Days of Our Lives and, especially, Dark Shadows. She didn’t hesitate to let me linger in front of the television and soak in the spooky atmosphere of that daylight drama. What she didn’t know is that there were many nights when I’d sneak down the stairs long after I was to have been asleep so that I could watch even scarier shows. "The Living Doll" episode of The Twilight Zone, starring Talky Tina, strikes chills in me even today.

Perhaps this is why I love writing dark romantic suspense like my most recent release, Wild Ghost Chase.

Here’s the blurb to give you a taste of my own special brand of seductive suspense:

Two reality-show ghost-busting teams versus one haunted house.

The first team to successfully exorcise the spirits wins the renewal of their television contract. It sounds like a pretty straight-forward competition, but something or someone at Harrington House has another agenda.

Over the course of a weekend, the two teams with their respective technical advisers, a supposedly impartial network executive, and the beautiful owner of Harrington House find it isn’t just the ghosts who are running amok. A killer is on the loose and if they don’t work together, they could all become permanent residents.
As a side note, you can imagine how thrilled I was to find out that Dark Shadows will be made into a movie starring Johnny Depp and is slated for release in 2012! (And no, I won’t be letting my littles see the movie if it’s not rated PG).
*************


Ericka Scott is a multi-published, bestselling author of seductive suspense. She's written stories for as long as she can remember and reads anything under the sun (including the back of cereal boxes in a pinch). She got hooked on romantic suspense in her college days when reading anything but a textbook was a guilty pleasure. Now, when she’s not chauffeuring children around, wishing she had more than 24 hours in a day, or lurking at the library, she’s spinning her own web of fantasy and penning tales of seduction and suspense. She currently lives in Southern California with her husband and three children.

She also loves friends, so come friend her at http://myspace.com/erickascott
She's also on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ericka.scott and Twitter @ErickaScott

You can find out more about her books at www.erickascott.com

No comments: