Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Spotlight: Lisa Sanchez

Why Romance?


Dictionary.com defines a romantic as: someone imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc.

And yeah, my smiling face is sitting right alongside the definition.

Cough…sputter…ahem… Actually, that’s a total lie. My picture isn’t anywhere on Dictionary.com. However, I like to think I’m a die hard romantic.

I’m a huge fan of sappy movies and stories where the hero and heroine are separated by a monumental chasm, and through the force of both sheer will, and love they finally come together. Movies like The Notebook and Pride and Prejudice pull me in and capture my undivided attention regardless of the number of times I’ve seen both. Case in point: In the movie Pride And Prejudice there is a scene toward the end where Mr. Darcy swaggers across a field toward Elizabeth, the early morning sun casting an angelic glow across his hunky form. Money, societal and family pressures have kept them apart, and it’s in this moment that they find clarity in their feelings for one another and finally come together. Listening to Matthew Macfayden utter the words “If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on” gives me the chills. Every time I watch the movie (And I’ve watched it quite a few times!) Swoon!

Books affect me the same way. More specifically, books with compelling characters affect me deeply. A good plot will pique my interest, but it’s the characters and their love story that reel me in every time. When I can feel the sexual tension rising up from the page, when my chest tightens with anticipation and that delicious squirrely sensation that comes with new love begins churning in my gut, I know, in that moment, that I won’t be able to put the book down. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon was like that for me, as well as most of J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood books. The tension between Z and Bella in Lover Awakened nearly tore my heart out!

What about you? What books or movies capture romance best for you and why?

No comments: