1 THIS. Just this…
2. Freshly baked, warm, gooey, chocolate chunk cookies.
3. A note from a reader telling me they loved one of my books :-)!
4. Dark chocolate and a good red wine.
5. An unsolicited hug from one of my kids.
6. Writing that scene in a book, knowing I’ve nailed the characters, their intensity and the still fragile emotion of their fledgling relationship because at that point, they become ‘real’ and I can ‘feel’ them.
7. A chocolate soufflé with a warm molten center of rich, creamy chocolate served with vanilla bean ice cream.
Huh? There’s a pattern you say? What pattern :-)? Yeah, okay I like chocolate! What writer doesn’t? So…what makes YOU go ‘sigh…’?