Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Spotlight: Viki Lyn

Good morning! It’s great to be here again.

During the week, I will be posting my favorite five. Each list will be related to a paranormal subject. For the readers who are not familiar with my work, I write male/male romance under Viki Lyn, both paranormal and contemporary.

I enjoy the process of world building for my paranormal releases, and quickly, it has become a favorite genre to write. I create my worlds from myths, symbols and tales of the supernatural that have been circulating for hundreds of years. Angels, vampires, superheroes, and magical creatures have held a fascination for me. I can’t help but believe there is a seed of truth in the myths that surround the mystical, and it’s fun to push the rules of fantasy and paranormal canons set down by wonderful authors such as Tolkien and Bram Stoker.

My Five Favorite Superpowers and Super Tools

I collect DC Comics. The artwork is superfine and who is hunkier than Batman?

While some stories are over the top, I set aside my disbelief and go with it. Pure escapist fantasy. I love, love, love it! When I read a book, I want to escape into another world entirely alien from my own day to day life. Who doesn’t want to believe in a man or woman who can save the world?

Number One:
Batman’s brains and brawn: What’s incredible about Batman is that he is a human who has no ‘superpowers’ to mention, but has created a series of bat toys to allow him to catch his enemy off guard. The bat-a-rangs, the Bat Mobile, and a myriad of other amazing big boy toys help him foil his enemies. Not only has he perfected his fighting techniques and created a bad ass body to die for, he has brains and is considered the world’s greatest detective. What’s there not to love about a man who is gorgeous to look at and intelligent!

Number Two:
Superman’s ability to fly: Ah, to be Superman. The ability to fly is on top of my list – to soar as free as a bird at super speeds. Imagine not having to board a plane to travel the world. The views have to be breathtaking and beautiful.

Number Three:
Wonder Women’s golden lasso of truth: WW’s golden lasso would be a must-have. It would be a fair way to mete out justice. I’ve had several ex-boyfriends I’d liked to have lassoed!

Number Four:
Zatanna’s Mind-Wipe: Sorceress and magician Zatanna has magical powers that are the real deal. She has an incantation for every known problem that arises. Zatanna is the daughter of the powerful magician Giovanni Zatanna from Golden Age comics. Her powers are limitless and not too defined but how cool would it be to mind-wipe; especially since my tongue runs ahead of my brain. There are so many words I’ve spoken that I’d like to have taken back!

Number Five:
Martian Manhunter Shape shifting – Martian Manhunter is on the same power level as Superman, but Superman can’t shape shift or walk through walls or become invisible. I’d love to be able to shift into another human or animal. Can you imagine being Lady Gaga for a day! Or experiencing the body of man? :)

Thank you for visiting and come again!

Tomorrow: My Five Favorite Sexist Vampires

Viki Lyn
http://www.vikilyn.com
To view my booklist you can visit my website: http://www.VikiLyn.com

No comments: