Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Spotlight: Eliza March/Elizabeth Marchat

Author, Elizabeth Marchat


What are you looking for in a book? A diversion, an escape, a chance to go somewhere you’ve never been, to do something you’ve never done, or to experience your own “do over” and get it right this time? My immediate goal with each book I write is to provide one of those options for you and for me, too. If I don’t get the same satisfaction out of writing the book that you get from reading it, then what’s the point? I write because I like working through the stories in my head and sharing them with someone.

I believe every author should love diving into the next work in progress as much as the reader enjoys the page turning experience once it’s finished. If the author loves telling the tale, it shows in their work. I can’t wait to join my characters in their next adventure. For now I just finished revising my current book and am about to move on to my next series, a paranormal epic that has been in the works for five years. Two of the books are finished and the third one is outlined. I have plans for six more, but they get written one at a time. Who knows where my characters will lead us. There could be more.

My long term goal is to keep writing about characters my readers love, and as long as my characters keep showing up on the paper, I’ll keep telling their tales.

Ever since I could read, the written word has captivated me. I’ve worked in libraries, written for newspapers, done copy edits, magazine copy and screenplays, but the one thing that always intrigues me is choosing just the right word to express myself.

I write romantic suspense under the name ELIZABETH MARCHAT and erotic romance as ELIZA MARCH. Across A Crowded Room is my first book under the Elizabeth Marchat pseudonym, but not the last. The second romantic suspense the readers are asking for should be done before the first of the year and out shortly afterwards. To prevent boredom from setting in, I keep my hands in several pots at the same time. Perhaps the characters in my head satisfy my needs to be and do all the things I don't have time for, or wouldn't dare to do. Or would I?

Eliza’s been busy with recent releases of The Moon, The Madness, and The Magic, a sequel to the first book in The Enchanted Mountain series, The Lion, The Leopard, and The Wolf and now her contemporary erotic romance, More Than A Stud which should be available next month. All my books are available at the publishers’ buy sites and at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, some in both ebook and print format. I love hearing from both readers and other authors so stay in touch.

http://bookstrand.com/eliza-march
http://bookstrand.com/elizabeth-marchat
http://elizamarch.blogspot.com
http://elizamarch.com
http://elizabethmarchat.wordpress.com

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

Reading a great story totally recharges my batteries, and makes for a fabulous escape from my all male household, lol.

Eliza March [Elizabeth Marchat] said...

Cathy, funny you should mwntion an all male household...I started seriously reading and writing when my daughters left home and the two boys remained. Then My father came to live with my husband and I. Talk about male household...you might just have something there. LOL
Eliza