Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Spotlight: Beverly Rae

Ideas Come from the Strangest Places 
   People often ask me how I come up with ideas for my books. My answer is always the same. I get ideas from everywhere, anywhere and from anyone. An idea can come from one word that I hear spoken by a passerby. Or an idea will form from watching people in a candy store. An idea can come from watching television or just letting my mind wander. It doesn't matter how an idea comes to me; only that they keep coming.

   Case in point, one of my best ideas came during a time of passion. Yep, you read that right. The idea for my latest book came during a time of passion as in right in the middle of making love to my husband.

   Perhaps this is a case of TMI: Too much information. But let me explain. I have never been sexually inhibited. To me, sex is beautiful and a natural expression of love. Why make it seem dirty? I've always been a touchy-feeling kind of gal, but in bed? Well, let's just say I don't hold back and I'm not quiet about it. TMI? Okay, so I'll get on with the story without too many more sexual references.

    One night while hubby and I were─now how shall I say this delicately?─“making whoopee”, he said something that sparked an idea for a book. Right in the middle of you-know-what, he gazed lovingly at me and said, “You're a real wild cat, you know it?”

   I froze, questions racing through my mind. What if I really were a wild cat? What if I really could shift into wild cat form? And what if my wild cat (me!) met another wild cat? Or better yet, a different kind of shifter? I could almost see the plot of the book unraveling. So, instead of finishing what we'd started, I jumped out of bed (against my hubby's loud complaints) and raced downstairs to my office.

   One month later, I'd finished writing the first draft of WILD CAT, book two of my Wild Things series. Thanks, hubby!
When hunter becomes hostage, the only question is: Death by bite, or by bullet?

Cannon Pack, Book 3

At night, Lauren Kade trades her white coat and dental drill for a black uniform and a gun. But not to hunt the shifters she once swore to eliminate. Driven by lingering guilt for killing a female shifter a year ago, she covertly throws other hunters off the trail. She’s good at it, too…until she’s taken hostage by a sexy werewolf whose thirst for revenge is even bigger and badder than his attitude.

Daniel Cannon tried everything to outrun the pain of his mate’s murder, but when hunters take down another pack member, it’s more than he can stand. Now that he’s got one of them at his mercy, though, something strange is happening. Her day job may set his teeth on edge, but her luscious curves make him salivate. In spite of her past sins, she insists she’s reformed into some kind of werewolf guardian angel.

Worse, his heart wants to believe her, and his body aches to mark her as his. Yet going against his instincts could turn him from lover to prisoner. Just when his pack needs him most…

Product Warnings

Be advised. This is not a test. Your limits are about to be pushed. Your desires will be met. Your heart will burst with pleasure and your dreams will be fulfilled. Prepare yourself for sex hotter than the sun on the driest desert. And if you dare, then run with the pack.

No comments: