Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Spotlight: Kiki Howell

Dreams Do Come True

Many have asked me about the cover quote on my new novel, Torn Asunder. Because Hannah Howell and I have the same last name, many have assumed that we are related. Actually, we are not.  *G* So, here is the story.

I have long been a fan of historic novels. Hannah Howell was one of the first authors I read in that genre once I began reading romances. And, I am a big fan of her novels set in Regency England. I really get excited when she combines both the historical setting with paranormal elements, like in her most recent Wherlocke series: If He’s Wicked, If He’s Sinful, and If He’s Wild.

After I was published myself, when I first began considering historical plots, I asked Ms. Howell to be friends on Facebook. Admittedly star-struck, I was thrilled when she accepted my request, and even more so when she started commenting on my statuses. She even commented a few times on posts about the novel I was writing. So, once it was published, going out on a limb, I asked her if she would consider reading the novel and if, fingers and toes crossed, she liked it, if she would be able to give me a cover quote.

After she agreed, of course, I had to pinch myself from time to time to imagine her reading something I wrote, a woman whose books I walked into stores and purchased, a NY Times Bestselling Author. Can you imagine? It is amazing to have someone you look up to look at your work. So, you can imagine how I felt when a cover quote for my novel came in my email. I had to run outside and tell my husband who was high on a ladder painting our house, so the whole neighborhood heard too! LOL

So, this cover is a dream come true for me. Once published, you often wonder who is reading your work. In this instance, it was simply amazing to know.

NY Times Bestselling Author, Hannah Howell, says of Torn Asunder"Kiki Howell spins a wonderful tale of passion, magic, betrayal, and a love that conquers all. Enjoy." 

No comments: