Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Spotlight: Beverly Rae

Never Say Never 

   I was thirty-five years old when I finally met my husband. I had, in fact, given up on the idea of meeting someone special and getting married. And as for children? Forget about it! I was a teacher and I already had twenty-eight kids clamoring for my attention. Who needed more?

   Children. Urgh. Whenever I thought about children, I imagined dirty diapers, screaming toddlers and attitude-filled teenagers. Why in the world would anyone choose to have children? Not me! I promised myself and everyone who wanted to know that I would never have a child.

   In fact, I was amazed that I'd agreed to date my future husband. After all, he broke my biggest condition regarding men: he had a child. Yet, because he was so sweet and loving, I gave in. Then we fell in love and, miracles of miracles, we got hitched. But still I vowed I'd never have a baby. Not me! Never!

   Oh, how silly I was! One day, while strolling with hubby in the mall and planning our next vacation, I decided to sit on a bench and wait as he dashed into the sporting goods store. As I watched all the shoppers, a lady scooted beside me, shot me a “please, forgive me smile” and tried to calm her wailing baby. I returned her smile, promptly focused on the milling crowd, and tried to ignore the noise of the crying infant. Until, that is, the mother handed the baby to me and asked me to hold her while she dug inside her gigantic baby bag for something called a “binkie”. Needless to say I was thrown but, like the good sport that I was, I cradled the infant in my arms and stared into the squalling red face. 

   “Talk to her,” the baby's mother suggested.

   So I did. And, amazingly, the baby suddenly stopped crying and gazed at me with beautiful blue eyes. 

   “She likes you. You must be great with kids,” Baby Momma declared. 

   I nodded, unable to form words, and placed the child into her mother's open arms. She thanked me again and hurried down the mall.

   A few minutes later, my future husband strolled over to me and asked me why I was crying. My response? “I want a baby.” 

   Never say never!
When hunter becomes hostage, the only question is: Death by bite, or by bullet?

Cannon Pack, Book 3

At night, Lauren Kade trades her white coat and dental drill for a black uniform and a gun. But not to hunt the shifters she once swore to eliminate. Driven by lingering guilt for killing a female shifter a year ago, she covertly throws other hunters off the trail. She’s good at it, too…until she’s taken hostage by a sexy werewolf whose thirst for revenge is even bigger and badder than his attitude.

Daniel Cannon tried everything to outrun the pain of his mate’s murder, but when hunters take down another pack member, it’s more than he can stand. Now that he’s got one of them at his mercy, though, something strange is happening. Her day job may set his teeth on edge, but her luscious curves make him salivate. In spite of her past sins, she insists she’s reformed into some kind of werewolf guardian angel.

Worse, his heart wants to believe her, and his body aches to mark her as his. Yet going against his instincts could turn him from lover to prisoner. Just when his pack needs him most…

Product Warnings

Be advised. This is not a test. Your limits are about to be pushed. Your desires will be met. Your heart will burst with pleasure and your dreams will be fulfilled. Prepare yourself for sex hotter than the sun on the driest desert. And if you dare, then run with the pack.

1 comment:

punkey00 Laura P.) said...

Beverly- I really do understand about not wanting kids at all but God stepped in when I tried to take control of my life and join the Army... God made me a mother of twin boys! That was while I was taking the birth control pill!!! You could imagine my husband was in denial about the whole deal and I was thrown in a panic after finding out there was twins in me! God tends to use people and events to change our life in ways we could never dream of!!! Needless to say- I do not take the pill anymore but went to a more semi- perment form of birth control now!
Also- This sounds like a sweet read that will be going on my "TBR" pile!
Have an awsome day- Laura P.