Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday Spotlight: Serenity King

Online book promotion can be difficult. You have to be dedicated to getting your information out there, which can also be complicated if you do not know where to start.

The utilization of all of the social networks, such as, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo groups and Twitter are of the utmost importance, in conjunction with a reliable website and blog page. The most important thing is getting yourself and your book out there to the public. Publishers want to know that you are not solely depending on them to promote your book but that you are putting in an effort as well. Doing interviews and scheduling blog chats are also great online promotion tools. Each interview and blog chat puts your information in the eyes and ears of the old as well as the new readers.

Because of time restraints and my tight schedule, along with doing my own online promotion, I have decided to hire a promotional company to help promote my books. The use of a promotional company helps with getting my books on sites that I am not privy to and frees up a great deal of my time. The time saved can be utilized for writing more stories and spending time with my family.

8 comments:

Charisma Knight said...

I hear you on that Serenity! How have you been?

CK

Hales said...

Promoting is hard work but worth it in the end!

Serenity King said...

@Charisma, I am good.

@Hales, yes it is!

Cathy M said...

I've come across a lot of new author's from blog chats and the yahoo groups I belong to. Author's that I now love and that I might have missed out on, which would have been a shame.

Serenity King said...

Hi, Cathy, How are you today? Thanks for hanging with me this week.

Hugs,

Serenity

LORETTA CANTON said...

You have to have time fo your family. Good luck.

loretta

lbcanton@verizon.net

Serenity King said...

Amen, Loretta! There has to be a balance. Thank you.

Violette said...

Sooo true. :) You hired a promo company? Are they good?