Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Spotlight: Kelly Jamieson

This week I’m going to talk about bitches.

I recently read a book called Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov. I read it mainly as research but found it had lots of thought provoking information I think many of us can relate to.

First off, though you have to understand her definition of a “bitch”. The title would make you wonder why on earth a man would love a bitch, the term bringing to mind a selfish, bad-tempered shrew who treats a man like dirt. Who would love that?

But Ms Argov’s definition of a bitch is basically a woman who places a high value on herself. A Babe In Total Control of Herself.

We all know those women who give up everything to spend time with a man, who give up their interests, hobbies, passions, even their friendships. We all know those women who stay in relationships where the man takes her for granted (or even worse is abusive) because she’s afraid to be without him.

Ms Argov outlines a “bitch” as a woman who maintains her independence, who doesn’t pursue him, who leaves him wanting, who stays in control of her time, who is passionate about something other than him, and who places a high value on herself. And that’s what I think it all comes down to.

Ms Argov outlines several “Attraction Principles” throughout the book that are difficult to argue with. I’ll talk about a few of them this week.

Tomorrow: Attraction Principle #1

2 comments:

booklover0226 said...

I love that definition. I must remember to use it, if someone dares to call me one!

Tracey D

Cathy M said...

That's so perfect, I love it.