Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday Spotlight: Wendi Zwaduk

Farting Around

Psst! Hey! Yeah, you. Come here. What do you mean, “Where?” Right here!

OH, sorry, I’m hiding in the realm of the invisible. I have a good reason.

Yes, I’m being silly, but it’s nothing new. If you’re like me, you’re a busy person. Sometimes just finding a second to breathe is impossible. So what do I do? Besides admitting I’m farting around because I can, I tend to play invisible.

So am I really being bad? Probably not. I have what some call a divided attention span. I start one thing and then as I’m working I see other things that need done. Like, the dryer beeps, or the dogs need the bowl refilled, or dinner needs done. Usually, whatever I’m seeing that needs completed, I think, “gee I should work on that”.

What happens next?

You guessed it.

I forget the first thing I’m working on and then end up taking on the new task. Would you believe it, then a new task pops up. So, I hide invisible and hope that maybe, just maybe, I can get things I want to get done completed.

Does that happen? Not always, but it’s fun to think it can.

Crud, the dryer just beeped. I should take care of that. But I want to work on my next work-in-progress. Hmmm...

So what am I going to do now?

Ssh! Keep your voice down.

I’m going to stay here in the middle of invisible and keep farting around. How else am I going to work on all those dirty little stories brewing in my head?

Talk to you later… if you can see me.

1 comment:

LeslieJane said...

Wendi, I was hoping to comment on your blog post, but have you read it, but the invisiblity seems to be working. You must tell me the secret of the success, since mine doesn't work too well. Occasionally, putting on earphones and listening to music helps block out other things, but doesn't always work.