Ten Things Not Many People Know About Me
For those who are morbidly curious, here are ten things you might not know about me. I didn’t realize how hard this would be because I’m usually someone who tends to stick their foot in their mouth.
1. I am addicted to insulated coffee mugs. I have at least six of them, with the collection slowly growing. You know, the kind you buy from Starbucks or Biggby? FYI: Biggby Coffee is the bee’s knees! Really. Come to Michigan and give it a try.
2. I love Karaoke. There’s just something about singing Like a Virgin with your best friend while doing a tango with Jose Cuervo. Oh, and I used to have my very own Karaoke machine. Fortunately for those around me, it broke.
3. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I lost almost two hundred pounds.
4. I used to have an imaginary friend named Pico. However, while walking across the street one day to get his mail, Pico was hit by a car. Poor Pico. I sure miss him.
5. I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose. Literally. I thank my mother and father for blessing me with a super huge tongue. I sometimes wonder if I am Gene Simmons’s love child. *stops to wonder* Nah.
6. When I was a kid, I used to pretend I was a DJ and record myself announcing things on my own made up radio station. One day, I used my cousin’s Fisher Price Microphone and actually had a guy call in to request a song. Back then we thought it was cool, but now that I think about it… it’s kind of creepy.
7. Once I accidentally dyed my hair black. Instead of grabbing my medium blonde, I grabbed my mom’s dark brown. I panicked and washed it out, ending up with black hair with blonde splotches.
8. My favorite drink is something I call “Liquid Crack.” It’s Diet Mountain Dew mixed with Crystal Light. The raspberry lemonade mix is my favorite.
9. I am partially double jointed. I can make my finger go out of joint at will. I’ll probably had arthritis from Hades when I’m older.
10. I have the uncanny ability to memorize zip codes of all sorts of cities around Michigan and area codes across the country. I also have my credit card and library card memorized as well. Now if I could only remember where I put those keys…
So do you all have any strange hobbies, skills or juicy secrets? Feel free to share them!