Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Arianna Skye

Ten Things Not Many People Know About Me

For those who are morbidly curious, here are ten things you might not know about me. I didn’t realize how hard this would be because I’m usually someone who tends to stick their foot in their mouth.


1. I am addicted to insulated coffee mugs. I have at least six of them, with the collection slowly growing. You know, the kind you buy from Starbucks or Biggby? FYI: Biggby Coffee is the bee’s knees! Really. Come to Michigan and give it a try.

2. I love Karaoke. There’s just something about singing Like a Virgin with your best friend while doing a tango with Jose Cuervo. Oh, and I used to have my very own Karaoke machine. Fortunately for those around me, it broke.

3. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I lost almost two hundred pounds.

4. I used to have an imaginary friend named Pico. However, while walking across the street one day to get his mail, Pico was hit by a car. Poor Pico. I sure miss him.

5. I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose. Literally. I thank my mother and father for blessing me with a super huge tongue. I sometimes wonder if I am Gene Simmons’s love child. *stops to wonder* Nah.

6. When I was a kid, I used to pretend I was a DJ and record myself announcing things on my own made up radio station. One day, I used my cousin’s Fisher Price Microphone and actually had a guy call in to request a song. Back then we thought it was cool, but now that I think about it… it’s kind of creepy.

7. Once I accidentally dyed my hair black. Instead of grabbing my medium blonde, I grabbed my mom’s dark brown. I panicked and washed it out, ending up with black hair with blonde splotches.

8. My favorite drink is something I call “Liquid Crack.” It’s Diet Mountain Dew mixed with Crystal Light. The raspberry lemonade mix is my favorite.

9. I am partially double jointed. I can make my finger go out of joint at will. I’ll probably had arthritis from Hades when I’m older.

10. I have the uncanny ability to memorize zip codes of all sorts of cities around Michigan and area codes across the country. I also have my credit card and library card memorized as well. Now if I could only remember where I put those keys…

So do you all have any strange hobbies, skills or juicy secrets? Feel free to share them!

5 comments:

Virginia C said...

Hi, Arianna! What a fun list! The Crystal Light "Raspberry Lemonade" is my favorite flavor too ; )

Julie Robinson said...

Your Liquid Crack sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try it. I have a thing for numbers too. Just never knew what to do with them.

Thanks for entertaining us with your quirkiness. What would life be without a little? Here's mine: I can wiggle my nose--not like on Bewitched--but inflate my nostrils and then deflate then. My cat thinks it's fascinating. LOL
Julie

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed your visit this week, Arianna!

I have no special talents but I do buy books in bulk. I can't buy one or two books at a time; I MUST buy 10+ books at once!

Tracey D

LeslieJane said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I bet you feel a whole lot better.

And I am going to have to try "Liquid Crack" sounds like an interesting drink, something I might enjoy.

I think one of my talents would be the ability to read at least three to four books at once (and keep them straight). You will almost never find me reading just one book. There is a book in almost every room, and my purse and work.

Other talents/quirks are that I want to try new things when I visit other countries. Have had a few interesting foods, and tried various crafts ect.

robynl said...

a talented lady in more ways than one;