Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Viki Lyn

Top Five Desserts or Wow, bring on the calories!

I'm a real dessert freak. I will break my healthy eating habits for a piece of luscious cream cake. I blame my mother. Don't we always blame our mothers? But seriously, she's a dessert freak, too. We'd go to the neighborhood bakery and buy maple bars for breakfast. She'd fix French Toast and pancakes and waffles and always have cookies or some kind of dessert on hand.

I'm a Weight Watcher Lifetime member, and there's a good reason for it. Being Italian, every celebration is centered around the dinner table. I love to try new restaurants, and there's nothing better than NOT cooking.

With this typical pear shape body, it'd all go to my hips and thighs if I didn't watch it. But there are times I just have to bring on the calories - and there's no better way then by topping off my meal with dessert!

Here are my top five choices:

1. Lemon Meringue Pie - Especially made with fresh lemons and a fluffy high meringue topping. Any citrus dessert is high on my list - usually it makes a refreshing dessert after a rich meal.

2. Cinnamon Rolls/Maple Bars - I'm a sucker for bakery goods, but the two that really push my sweet tooth are cinnamon rolls and maple bars. I can't resist when I smell that aroma of baked cinnamon rolls.

3. Italian Rum Cake - the kind with real whipped cream frosting and nuts around the lower edge. The neighborhood bakery near my childhood home made the best - and I mean the best rum cake. I haven't had another slice that lives up to it.

4. Crème Brûlée - This is one of my favorite desserts if I've had a light dinner. The creamy texture and crunchy caramel crust make for an awesome combination.

5. Fruit Cobbler - Any dessert with fresh fruit does it for me. Especially a cobbler that is served with homemade ice cream.

Okay, I just added several pounds to my weight just by writing this post!

I've had so much fun this week. Thank you for visiting my blog posts.

Happy Reading,

Viki Lyn
http://www.vikilyn.com

No comments: