Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: J. Hali Steele


Do characters live in your head?

Mine do, they never go away. They grow jealous of other's sharing my mind and sometimes they throw a party up there and the noise drives me bonkers. So, I let them out to play. Guess they need their own space too. For fun, I'm letting a couple of cats get loose today. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Meet Jag and Leron from the Extra Cream series at Changeling Press.

“Hello. My name is Jag.”

“Dude! Why you talking like that?”

“Shut up, Leron. I brought you along for moral support. Don't give me no shit.” He shook his head. “I knew I should have asked my lady to come with me.”

“You sound like a freaking robot. That's all I'm saying.”

“Can you do better?” Jag was pissed.

“Yeah, here you go: What's up people? Pull up a seat and grab a beer. See, something natural like that.”

“Oh, right, that was so much better.”

“Hey, Jag, let's tell them about our books, With Extra Cream and Hot Tin Roof.”

“That'd be great, man. Go ahead.” Jag's brow furrowed. “Cripes, what the hell, Leron…why'd you change to your beast?

Because I can. I like this freedom."

"What if J. Hali walks in?”

"She's always going on about those freaked out angels she's writing about now and she got no time for us.” Leron changed back to his vampyre form.

“Damn, cover your ass. What if someone else walks in?” Jag peered at the mirrored glass around the small room.

“Who's coming in here? It's hardly big enough for us.”

Jag relaxed a little. “Let's do one of those blurb things.”

“Do mine first, my lady is hot. She's tall as hell, too. I like that.” Leron's eyes bugged open. “Hell and damnation, I just thought--what if she doesn't want me?”

“That's your problem. Here are the blurb for our stories, people.”

HOT TIN ROOF:

Received 4 ½ cherries from Holly at Whipped Cream Reviews. Read full review @

http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/2009/09/extra-cream-2-hot-tin-roof-by-j-hali.html

Leron Wilder is a jaguar of the Kind species, big cat shifters infected with vampyre blood. Nothing has gone right for Leron since his best friend Jag mated with the owner of the local coffee shop. Stuck training a new cat shifter who's a badass wannabe, Leron stops by the coffee shop to seek his ex-partner's advice.

Corinne Nelson loves her new home and her new job as a waitress at the Coffee Swirl, and she's really hoping she won't have to move on this time. Life's finally looking up--until the hottest man she's ever met walks into the shop -- and licks her hand?

Mating is not something Leron is looking forward to. Yet the minute he tastes the new waitress, he knows he's in serious trouble. She's a flavor he could find addictive. But she's not who she says she is, and everything's falling apart around them. He's starting to feel like a cat on a hot tin roof…

WITH EXTRA CREAM:

Getting enough cream is a problem for this cat...

Jag Arizon had a plan to correct that. A jaguar from the Kind species, big cats infected with vampyre blood, he walks in both worlds. Aside from blood, he's addicted to cream and only one person can cure him. In convincing her to donate to his cause, Jag gets much more than he bargained for.

Barbara Dorsey, the uptight co-owner of the local coffee shop has all the cream this cat needs. But she's only giving it away in dreams to the one man who not only opens the door to her every desire--he can change her world forever.



Jag said, “We hope you'll enjoy reading about the Kind cats and be prepared for an erotic adventure into our lives.”

“There you go again gettin all stilted. People, we're sexy as hell so read all about it.”

Growl and roar-it's okay to let the beast out.-© J. Hali Steele

13 comments:

Annie Nicholas said...

Great blog Joann. I love those covers.

J Hali said...

Thanks, Annie. I got lucky because I've got some really nice cover art from a few pubs.

Glad you came by.

Dena said...

Your jaguar story sounds really interesting, a different take on the usual.

Mindy said...

Vampire/ big cat shapeshifters?
Jag and Leron's interview is a riot. Gotta get their books.
I LOVE your Kind series, They & you ROCK!

Mindy :)

Tina Donahue said...

The cover on Hot Tin Roof is awesome - the guy looks good enough to eat! Liked your blog, but I want to read about the Hottie in Hot Tin Roof. :)

J Hali said...

Hi Dena, they are a bite (pun intended) different.

Thanks, Mindy, those guys are special to me. *grins*

Hey, Tina - isn't Leron delicious!

Thanks, guys.

Kathye Quick said...

WHew baby!! I'm buying these books just to drool over the covers.

Seriously, they sound wonderful. Can't wait to read them. The concepts sound great. A little change from the usual. I think the market is getting vampire saturated but this twist will make your sereies fresh and new.

Barb said...

Your stories sound like a fun read, I'll have to add them to e-book shelf along with Hard Case and Hope in Love. Can't wait to read your next angel book.
Barb

Liena Ferror said...

J,

Loved the post! Leron and Jag are great characters!

Liena~

J Hali said...

Hey, thanks for coming by Kathye, hope you do get to read them.

Barb, Hard Case is another of my favs, and Ramiel, well, he still lives with me *grins* LOVED doing his story.

Liena, those guys are something!

Kelly Jamieson said...

Mmm yes those are some nice covers! And I love that your characters have a party in your head, I can so relate to that!

Lainey said...

OMG those covers are amazing and I cannot wait to get those books if what you have up is anything to go by and the covers as well. HUBBA HUBBA as my mom used to say. Thanks for the change to say howdy.

Charisma Knight said...

Awesome post Joann. I love your covers and your characters.