Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday Spotlight: Kiyara Benoiti

Every writer has a pet peeve, but one of mine is my computer.

I’m not sure why, but every time I sit down to work on my computer, whether it is to write, revise, read email, blog, or do some research for something I’m working on, that is the precise time one of my children wants to use the computer too.

Is it just me or do all writer moms and dads have this problem?

Matter of fact, I sat down to work on this essay and my one child who has not started school yet asked to get on the computer to play games.

“I’m working, honey,” I said.

“But Mommy I wannu play games.”

“Why is it that you want to play games when I need to work on the computer?” I asked.

“’Cause I’m bored.”

But my school-age children are the same way. One or the other will come into my writing space and say they have to look up something for a homework paper or they need to find an article on a current event for history class. Why do they wait until I sit down to work to say they need the computer? Your guess is as good as mine, but if you know the answer, email it to me, lol!

Thank goodness I have a laptop. It has saved my sanity many times, and the kids know the rule when it comes to my laptop: only Mom touches it.

The penalty for messing with Mom’s laptop?

Incoming mortar! Mom’s lost her mind! Run! Run!

Never mess with a writer’s sanity or her laptop.

No comments: