Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Spotlight: Raine Delight

“What inspires your stories?”

You know that is the one question I dread answering as an author. Ask me on my characters, stories, upcoming attractions but ask me what inspires something and I am at a loss. Well I take that back…not exactly a loss but it is hard for me to get the right words to explain what inspires me.

Everything inspires me…a news article, passing snatch of a song on a radio heck something that may have happened in my life. All is up for fodder for ideas and yes, I do use creative license to make them a tad bit more interesting *grins*.

I think writing a new story is like making a new recipe. You have a dash of this, a dash of that…stir it all up and add in some yummy bits to make something so yummy, you want more.

For my Devon Falls series, I used a combination of my home town and my former places of employment to create the town of paranormals. Each time I wrote a Devon Falls book, it grew and more characters popped up to clamor for a story. For example, my hometown has a candy shop where I actually knew the owner and his family who made and sold these yummy treats. That was the basis of Sticky Magic and then it grew. I seem to add to it each time I go back to Devon Falls and frankly I like adding to it but dang if it isn't hard to keep up.

*laughs*

For my Space Pirates Series, I read a science article online on what would happen to the Earth if there was a freak Gamma Explosion that hit us and of course, it helped I was watching Johnny Depp play Captain Jack *grins*, that my Space Pirates were born.

Another series is based on my fascination of the BDSM world and the many stories I read about it lately. Club Fantasy series is a paranormal, of course, with two very hot co-owners and lovers. This series is pure imagination but the question of “What if you stepped in this club and found a side of you that you never knew existed?” fascinated me and had me thinking ideas. This was intriguing and the basis of Desires Unleashed was born with a heroine who finds her falling for two very different men that leave her panting for more.

My muse is a nut that likes to leave me hanging and keeps me jumping with ideas. With each story a little bit of me goes in there and frankly that is how I like it.

So what inspires me? Why everything and anything, dear reader. I hope to continue entertaining you in the future with more books and steamy fun.

2 comments:

booklover0226 said...

Have you ever based a character on someone you knew and that person recognized him/her self in your book?

Thanks,
Tracey D

Raine Delight said...

Hi Tracey,

No I haven't but that doesn't mean some personaility quirks may be in there from friends/family but as a chracter, no I haven't.

Thanks for the question.

Raine D.