Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Spotlight: Kissa Starling

Tea Time Is Totally Terrific

I believe that tea drinking is a dying art. I'm not talking sweet southern tea because that will never go out of style. Hot tea is my drink of choice. I've never been a coffee drinker but you can hook me with an herbal tea any day.

There used to be a local tea room that served lunch. My mother and I went there as often as possible. Must not have been often enough because sadly they've closed down. When you walked in the front door of the establishment there were hooks full of the most fantastic clothing. My mother and I would 'dress' ourselves up and bedazzle ourselves with boas, hats, pearls, and anything else we could get our hands on. One time I remembered to take my camera along. Those pictures bring back great memories. We sat outside drinking our flower blossom tea in the clear teapot, eating sandwiches with no crust and laughing our heads off at the fun we were having.

I think afternoon tea, complete with snacks and treats, should be a staple in everyone's lives. Think of the stress leaving your body every time you stopped to take time for fun right in the middle of the day. I should run for office letting 'Tea Time' be my total platform!

1 comment:

Dani said...

I'd vote for Ya! ;o)

Drinking hot herbal tea is how I relax.

Dani