Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday: Adrianne Brennan

I'm Adrianne Brennan, here to do an intro dance for you all!

*dances*

I’m a romantic dark fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction author and reader published with Freya's Bower, and a member of the Midnight Seduction Authors, Infinite Worlds of Fantasy Authors, Dream Weavers, Immortal Fire Authors, and EPIC. I've been an avid reader pretty much my entire life, and a writer for the past two decades of it. In short, writing is my passion, my life--and I can't get enough of it! :D I blame part of it on loving to read. I used to get in trouble as a kid for reading in class when I wasn't supposed to, and now I sneak edits and promo at work when I shouldn't. Some things never change. ;)

For my full time job that pays my mortgage and feeds my kitties and me, I work as a computer programmer. Someday I'd love to have my writing career be my primary career, and like a lot of people on here I'm sure, I continue to dream and work towards that day. I just started a new job doing, of all things, software development for the military. No joke!

In my spare time, I enjoy reading, writing, and watching science fiction and fantasy books/tv/movies. It's pretty much my genre of choice. I also dig paranormal romances, which is what my Blood of the Dark Moon novel is for the most part, along with the rest of the Dark Moon series. I also enjoy watching anime, playing RPGs or participating in LARPs (live action role play), playing World of Warcraft, or going out to goth clubs. Among my guilty pleasures includes various fandoms including Doctor Who and Torchwood. And please don't remind me of the latest news regarding David Tennant 'cause I'm still in denial. :( Oh yes, I ship Doctor/Master. That's my canon pairing. Non-canon would be either Doctor/me or Doctor/Master/me. :D

My favorite beverage is chai. My favorite *alcoholic* beverage is red wine, preferably either pinot noir or shiraz.

The latest anime I've seen lately is Tsubasa. I'm addicted and I highly recommend it. I've also been sucked into watching HBO's True Blood. Oh yes, and Dollhouse is great too. I'm beyond hooked on that. I'm also finally caught up with Lost. I recommend going to hulu.com to watch your favorite shows!

And um...yeah. Somewhere in between all of this insanity, I sleep. Really.

2 comments:

Kytaira said...

Wow - you are one busy woman! It really amazes me everytime I read about a talented author that is both left and right brained.

Adrianne Brennan said...

I confess that I'm insane! :D But I like to keep busy and I have a lot of interests. :)

I just took up bike riding, something I haven't done in over 15 years. I need a less sedentary lifestyle!