Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Spotlight: Beth D. Carter

NEW AUTHOR BLUES

After having many rejection letters from trying to publish my first book, I had sent off my second book, Black Leather Pants, without too much expectation. In fact, I sent it to only four publishers, one of them being Siren Bookstrand. I was at the post office when I got the message that they wanted to publish my book. I had to clamp a hand over my mouth to stifle my scream of joy.

After that, it was another month before anything else came from them. I bit my knuckles wondering if they had changed their mind! It’s been a whirlwind getting everything in order for the ebook release, but I somehow did it while packing up and moving to another state.

Now that the ebook of Black Leather Pants is due to be released July 30th, I find myself wondering how do I promote myself? I want my book to get out there, to be discovered and noticed, but I have no experience in selling myself. I’m not one of those people who can sell ice to Eskimos, I wish I was, but alas, it’s one of the reasons why I could never work on consignment. Only now, that’s exactly what I’m doing.

So here I am, trying to figure out where to go for blogging and interviewing. Black Leather Pants comes out in paperback in February, so all my friends are waiting for that. In the meantime, I have a goal I would like to reach for selling my ebook, and wondered how realistic it is. Thanks to Whipped Cream for being my first interview!

No comments: