Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Spotlight: Diana DeRicci

Well, it's no secret that Diana DeRicci is in fact the erotic writing pen name of Diana Castilleja. Did the picture give it away? The difference between the two writing styles is apparent between them though.

The heart of any story is going to be the romance. I don't think I could ever write a story without at least some semblance of the romance in it. It's what I live to read, so it's what I naturally feel when I write. With DeRicci's works, the sensuality and sexuality of the characters far surpasses my mainstream writing, typically in a flirty, adventurous style of story-telling. Where some focus on the sexual progression and then the relationship is in the background of the story, I do the reverse. I love a great romance. I love deep emotional, heart jerking moments. A little hot spice in the background is the icing. For me, the sex in writing is another means of expression for the character. If you need a cold shower after, then.... My work is done!
~*~


Why did I start to write erotica?

Honestly, as a challenge to get out of the doldrums of brain freeze. I was stuck at the corner of Writer's Block clueless of where to go when a friend basically said, write something "HOT". That book was After The Fire, a paranormal romance that set me off on a new avenue of exploration and creativity in my writing.

The Librarian's Secret is a story that is so far removed from that, I'm not sure how it came to be. I remember having Victoria pop up in my mind, and she was very adamant. I had to tell "her" story, literally. I know it sounds like I should be medicated, but there have been a few stories that have come to me like that. The thing with hers was it was in first person, and no matter what I tried I could NOT get it to third. We wrestled (No, there wasn't oil or mud involved. Quit reading over my shoulder, honey.) and I finally relented. And what came of that story was an emotional unveiling of a butterfly who was still imprisoned in a chrysalis of her own making. The kind of story that takes a real inner courage to face reality and move forward. She was an amazing character to write. If I hadn't taken that challenge, I never would have met her. Or explored the deeper sensuality of a wounded soul as she led me through the workings of the story.


~*~

Victoria's life is ordered and secure. She has buried the nightmares of her youth in the deepest part of her psyche. Yet no amount of control can keep her life from changing when Cory steamrolls his way into her private world. Her professional and aloof exterior melts with the heat he ignites within her and in spite of her mind telling her no, her heart wants everything he offers, everything she has believed herself unworthy of receiving.


www.dianadericci.com

Buy it now!
Read the beginning here! (Adult warning)

2 comments:

lastnerve said...

Congratulations on being in the spotlight! The Librarian's Secret looks really really good!

Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

Diana Castilleja said...

Thanks for checking out the spotlight Val. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.