Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: Cheryl Brooks



What got you interested in writing? I started writing because I wanted to read something different than what I was finding on the shelves. I loved science fiction and romance, so I combined the two.

How long have you been writing? Off and on since the late 70's.

What advice would you give a new writer just starting out? Don't kid yourself that your first book is publishable, but don't let it stop you from writing more of them. I did that early on, and I'd probably be much further with my writing career if I hadn't let those early rejections stop me.

When did you first consider yourself a writer? Ha! I still don't, even though Rogue is my third published work. Not sure when I'll be convinced. Maybe by the sixth...

Do you really, really want a dog? My dog died this past September. He was so perfect, I don't think I'll be getting another one like him anytime soon.

Do you hate how you look in pictures? YES!!!

2 comments:

donna said...

Cheryl,
Just keep doing what you're doing. You put magic in those books. You cast a spell over your readers. I'm cursed. And I'm loving it.
You look like a sweet lady in your pictures.
But we know that's not true.
You're really a Sexy Viken.

Cheryl Brooks said...

Thanks, Donna!
I'll keep going until I run out of ideas, at which time I'm sure you could help me out!