Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Spotlight: Cheryl Brooks



What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to raise horses. I've done a little of that, but it didn't turn out quite like I'd envisioned. I never really set out to be a writer, I just started writing. Does that make sense?

When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought? My God, she looks old!

What is your favorite animal? Horses. Got four of them in the barn to prove it. Cats are second, dogs third.

What do you want to know about the future? Whether or not we will survive as a species long enough to straighten ourselves out and keep from killing each other all the time.

Have you ever cried during a movie? What??? Of course I have! I sometimes cry when I'm writing my books, too. I don't think you could be a romance writer and not be emotional enough to cry at the end of An Affair to Remember.

Have you ever made a crank phone call? When I was a kid, maybe. The kind where you ask: “Is Mr or Mrs Walls there?” and then when they say no, you say, “Are any of the Walls there?” and when they say no, you say, “You'd better get out of there because the ceiling is about to fall on you.” Yeah, I know. Pretty dumb, and it shows my age. I'm sure there are better ones, now.

What is your favorite pizza? Hand-tossed crust with pepperoni, black olives, extra cheese and mushrooms.

What is one thing scientists should invent? A way to keep us from killing ourselves with toxic waste.

No comments: