Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: Jodi Lynn Copeland

What do you write and what do you most prefer to write?

I am primarily published in various genres of erotic romance, through a number of publishers, including Kensington Aphrodisia, Harlequin Spice, NAL Heat, Ellora’s Cave, and so on. However, my first love was single-title romantic suspense, and that continues to be my greatest genre love today. When I pick up a book to read, I am most apt to pick a suspense novel as they tend to be the only ones that will keep me glued to my chair and the pages. I have little time to read, so I want a book that is going to pull me in and attempt to steal my mind away from all the tasks I should be focusing on.

From the writing standpoint, I also prefer suspense. Exploring and balancing the romantic and suspense subplot makes for added adventure and exploration on my part. Also, there are endless directions a suspense novel can take. Just when it seems the author has made it clear the villain is one person, something happens to clear their name and point fingers in another direction.

At current, I am working on a few different proposals, but the one calling to me the most is a paranormal suspense. The paranormal aspect is set in the modern day, so the larger focus is on the suspense. This one keeps giving me surprises, which I just adore! I am eager to get the proposal wrapped up and see what others think about it.

No comments: